Your shopping basket is empty!
WHEN IS A JOB NOT A JOB?
Do you wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work? At The Bicycle Chain we're not only passionate about bicycles, we're passionate about helping our staff succeed and enjoy life. We want you to want to progress and we are committed to making that happen.
Lets face it we all spend most of our day to day lives working, so it might as well be a fun and rewarding experience. How do we achieve that? ...it comes down to a few ingredients; challenge, support, personal growth and company culture.
There is nothing worse than feeling like your at a dead end standing still, well we don't want you to stand still, we want the exact opposite, we want you to be constantly looking forwards. We will support you, help you grow and reward your successes too.
WHEN ITS A CAREER...
We operate a performance related pay structure, if you are driven, talented, knowledgeable and passionate about bikes and people and able to deliver an excellent customer experience you will progress quickly.
In your first year we evaluate your performance after 3, 6 and 12 months to help you reach your potential as fast as possible, with our top sales people able to reach 25k+.
So there you have it, that's the challenge... no dead ends here. We are looking for people who want a career in sales and want to put in the hard work to keep progressing.
If you lack the experience at this stage but feel you have the right credentials we will train you and help you get there.
WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE FAMILY...
The Bicycle Chain is a family run business, we have three stores in Taunton, Bridgwater and Weston-Super-Mare and we see ourselves as one big family. We're passionate about providing the best possible experience for our customers as well as our staff and everyone's input is highly valued.
As a company we are committed to change and are constantly looking for ways to further improve the services we offer. We listen to our staff... think you have spotted something we should be doing or could be doing better? then we want to know. We value your opinion...we are looking for people who can see the bigger picture, work well as part of a team, see a problem and want to find a solution.
We pride ourselves on going the extra mile... you won't see the owners of many companies giving their personal mobile number to their customers, but we do. It's in the bike pack we provide with every new bike sale.
We currently have salesperson roles available in the following stores:
Are you looking for a career is sales? Do you share our passion for cycling? Do you relish learning new skills and have a desire to succeed in life?
The ideal candidate will excel in customer service, attention to details and have excellent communication skills.
They will already be working in sales and will be excited to work weekends fully in the knowledge that it's their biggest sales opportunity.
TYPICAL SALES PERSON ROLE
- Greeting and assisting customers in store
- Handling internal and customer inquiries by phone and email
- Building strong, long-term relationships with customers
- Consulting with customers to find them the right product to match their needs
- Presenting product to the customer
- Negotiating with customers
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is achieved in all areas of the business
- Generating excellent reviews through digital channels [Trustpilot and Facebook]
- Maintaining excellent retail standards through merchandising, product positioning, tidy and clean store etc
- Fitting customer to bikes, providing the appropriate size and in time developing knowledge to provide in depth cycling bio-mechanical assessment and consultation for the customer
- Ordering product
- Using EPOS system and basic computer skills
- Processing web sales
- Monitoring stock control
- Continually developing professionally
- Continually developing product and industry knowledge
- Good business acumen
- Use of business to business websites
- Processing payments and handling cash including reconciling till.
- Be an ambassador for The Bicycle Chain
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Full-time position for someone looking for a career in sales
- Attention to detail
- Positive mental attitude
- Caring with a strong desire to help others
- Competitive spirit
- Able to use own initiative
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Love all things bikes
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF:
- you are available for a full-time position
- you are enthusiastic about becoming the best salesperson you can be
- you are excited about the prospect of working every Saturday because it is the best sales day of the week
- you have at least 3 years face to face, on the shop floor sales experience
( e.g operating tills in supermarkets does not count towards this )
PAST STAFF TESTIMONIALS
We love all our staff, check out what some of our past staff have to say about us.
I worked at The Bicycle Chain for approximately 10 years. During this time, I gained valuable experience in both sales and as a mechanic. I was always supported by both my manager and the owner to achieve the goals I set myself. I was given great opportunities to further my skills by attending many trade shows and completing the Cytech NVQ qualification. This is what enabled me to start out as a Saturday Mechanic and finish as an Assistant/Workshop Manager.
The friendly atmosphere enabled me to form great friendships and offered many opportunities to bond as a team both in and out of work. Working for The Bicycle Chain was a lot of fun and very rewarding. Your work and efforts were always appreciated.
I truly enjoyed working for The Bicycle Chain and can honestly say that I would recommend them as an employer.
I was very fortunate to join The Bicycle Chain straight out of sixth form at age 18 and what a fantastic experience it was! I think the first thing I saw from day one is just what it means to work in a family run business that prides itself on customer service.
I had a real passion for cycling, particularly mountain biking and it was fantastic that I was able to share this with both the staff and the customers.
This was my first real job and I worked mainly in a sales role, which at busy times really was a great buzz as the team pulled together to reach targets and the results were very rewarding. I loved how I was involved in a whole range of different aspects of the business, being able to help out in the workshop, build new bikes and even go out on demo days run by the brands we sold!